Wuhan Eye Doctor—Alleged “Lawbreaker”—Dies from Coronavirus

While people in China were preparing for their New Year parties and gatherings in early January 2020, very few realized that a novel coronavirus was going to rage across the country.

On December 30, 2019, Li Wenliang, an eye doctor in Wuhan, sent a WeChat message to his medical school alumni group after seeing a report about a patient who tested positive to a virus very similar to SARS. He reminded his doctor friends to be careful and protect themselves against the virus while receiving patients.

But what he didn’t know was that it was not a SARS virus, but a completely new type.

The local police soon found Dr. Li and accused him of “spreading rumors” on the Internet. The police gave him very serious warning and reprimanded him. They threatened that if he didn’t correct his mistake, and continued to engage in such “illegal activities,” he would be held accountable and face further prosecution.

On January 1, 2020, the Wuhan police made a public announcement that eight netizens publicized unverified information online and caused negative social impact.

On January 3, Dr. Li signed a self-criticizing statement at the local police station, stating that he would listen to the police and stop his “illegal” activities. He also understood that he would face escalated punishment if he stubbornly continued the “unlawful” behaviors.

Dr. Li resumed his work at the hospital afterwards. The authorities in Wuhan continued to block people from “spreading more rumors.”

On January 8, Dr. Li received an elderly glaucoma patient. On the next day, this patient began to have high fever and symptoms of pneumonia. Dr. Li highly suspected that the patient had contracted the novel virus.

On January 10, Dr. Li began to cough. He had a fever on the next day. And on the day after, he was admitted to the intensive care unit and quarantined.

With ever increasing numbers of infection and death cases from the virus, Wuhan was locked down on January 23. No one again mentioned that the eight whistleblowers were “spreading rumors.”

The virus had already spread to the rest of the country by this time, as well as to many parts of the world.

On January 31, Dr. Li, who had difficulty breathing and was unable to walk, shared on social media about his experience of being reprimanded by the police. He also posted a photo of the self-criticizing statement he was forced to sign.

On February 1, he was confirmed to have contracted the novel coronavirus. He said that he received several tests before, but that all of them had negative results. Only the last one confirmed the infection.

His parents were also hospitalized after contracting the virus.

Dr. Li passed away at 9:30 pm. on February 6. He was 34 years old.

The World Health Organization almost immediately expressed condolences about his death on their official Twitter account and thanked him for his contribution to the prevention of the epidemic.

From the timeline of Dr. Li’s case, it can be seen clearly how the Chinese communist regime covered up the information and delayed domestic and international response to the coronavirus. The tragic deaths from the epidemic are in fact man-made disaster.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *